INVEST Essex, part of The Let’s Do Business Group, is the Inward Investment and Business Growth Agency for Greater Essex working to attract new business investment and growth into one of the UK’s key economies.
Promoting and supporting the business opportunities of Essex, a county that is already home to over 86,000 international and UK companies we work directly with companies assisting them to benefit from one of the strongest and most strategic business locations in the UK.
Our team brings specialist support and experience providing a single point of contact for inward investors and existing businesses enabling companies to benefit fully from their business investment including the provision of a direct business advice and support service for SMEs.
As the result of a contract with Essex County Council, supported by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), our team is seeking an enthusiastic and proactive Business Administrator. Reporting to the Office Manager, this role will provide effective and efficient support to the project delivery team by ensuring project records are maintained and ensuring a full audit trail is available in compliance with ERDF guidelines along with accurate and timely information and reporting on key performance indicators.
JOB TITLE: Business Administrator
TEAM: Invest Essex
REPORTING TO: Office Manager
SALARY: c.£19,000 pro rata
WORKING PATTERN: 25 hours per week
TERM: Fixed term contract until 31/03/2020
Closing Date: Tuesday 26th June 2018
To apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To act as administrative support for the activities of Invest Essex and the wider Let’s Do Business Group
- To support the business in maintaining ERDF project records, ensuring a full audit trail of project outputs are compliant with ERDF Guidelines.
- To undertake regular internal audits, reporting the findings to the project delivery team and then tracking the requirements through to finalisation
- To organise, prepare and host internal review meetings with the project delivery team
- To undertake proactive communication with clients who are part of the ERDF project through email, telephone or face to face contact.
- To maintain records, including by data entry, for all activities in compliance with ERDF project requirements.
- To support the project reporting process ensuring data meets the requirements and protocols
- To coordinate with the Office Manager in the preparation of project evidence and all information required for audits.
- To assist with the preparation of management information, for both internal and external purposes.
- To support continual process and service improvement whilst monitoring and evaluating current services and provide support evidence as required
- To support the Project Delivery Team with the organisation and preparation of events and workshops
- To contribute to social media, online presence and other marketing activities
- To provide absence cover, as and when necessary
- To provide support with administrative tasks, general office duties and hosting clients/customers
- To undertake such other tasks as considered appropriate by your Line Manager, Office Manager or Chief Executive
Contact and Communication
- With individuals and businesses wishing to start or grow their business
- With external partners, funders and stakeholders
- Inward Investors
- With colleagues and partners to projects
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Ensuring key performance indicators are achieved.
- Meeting prescribed targets relating to our quality and contractual standards.
- Adherence to ERDF evidence requirements
- Accurate recording of statistics and client information.
- Clients correctly advised on services and support available.
- Colleagues’ satisfaction with support for specific projects.
- Adherence to all Data Protection, Confidentiality and Compliance protocols
- Adherence to ERDF evidence requirements
Financial Accountability – None
Employees responsible for – None
Education, training and qualifications
- Educated to Level 2 standard or equivalent
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Good communication skills with an ability to work with a diverse range of clients and colleagues both face-to-face and by telephone
- Ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines
- Flexibility – the role will require significant flexibility in being able to work across a range of projects, and with a range of stakeholders.
- Organisational (including time management)
- Communication skills, written and oral
- Numeracy, computer skills, including the use of spreadsheets, word processing and other relevant software packages
- Understanding of marketing
- Determining the businesses needs by questioning and listening to business requirements from outbound and inbound calls
- An understanding of the range of business support, training and finance offered
- Experienced user of Microsoft software, specifically Excel spreadsheets, Word, PowerPoint, CRMs and Content Management Systems
- Identification and signposting of leads
- Business support/enquiry handling background
- Understanding of the projects being delivered and target beneficiaries
- The ability to work as part of a team, within an office environment
- Ability to work with a range of people including the general public, partners and public sector colleagues
- The ability to work to deadlines, with good time management and efficient work patterns
- Ability to assimilate new information readily and to apply it practically
- Ability to work on own initiative
Role specific requirements
- Daily monitoring, downloading and allocation of INVEST Essex web enquiries
- Initiating and tracking automated follow-ups
- Maintaining a fully comprehensive CRM
- Maintaining a structure to the ERDF files allowing them to be easily accessible
- Managing event bookings and attendance
- Support INVEST Essex through attendance of marketing and networking events
- Communication with local authority partners