The Let’s Do Business Group is the leading provider of business support across the South East providing business advice, training, finance and networking opportunities.
The Group delivers the Locate East Sussex service under contract to East Sussex County Council. Locate is the Investor Promotion Agency for the county, supporting businesses to locate in the county and helping existing businesses to grow and develop.
JOB TITLE: Innovation & Partnership Manager
TEAM: Locate East Sussex
LOCATION: Hastings/East Sussex
REPORTING TO: Location Service Director
CLOSING DATE: 5pm Thursday 29th March 2018
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To assist with the delivery and development of all aspects of business advice, particularly in relation to business innovation, to new and existing businesses throughout East Sussex and those looking to locate within the county, brokering relationships between business and HE/FE institutions
- Provision of advice and guidance to companies embarking on innovation programmes and new product and/or service development activities
- To undertake needs assessments for businesses and other organisations, brokering/delivering further support as required
- To provide a connection between business and academia and initiatives driven by academic bodies
- Relationship Management of a portfolio of Key Account Clients
- To respond to enquiries in a timely manner, identify best support path and ensuring non duplication of business support
- Leading on Peer Networking
- Ensuring documentation and support complies with ERDF evidence requirements and update CRM
- Support the Senior Management Team in attending events (inc. Chamber, networking and Exhibitions) and undertaking project management roles as required
- To support continual process and service improvement
- Promote East Sussex/Locate East Sussex to key influencers who will assist in promoting and developing the county.
- To promote and sell the services of the Let’s Do Business Group, including (re-location) advice, training, events, membership, finance and new services
- To undertake such other tasks as considered appropriate by your Line Manager or Chief Executive
Contact and Communication
- East Sussex-based companies that are looking to improve their innovation performance
- Universities, FE and Colleges
- Individuals and businesses wishing to start, grow or locate their business in East Sussex
- With external partners, funders and stakeholders
- Other ERDF projects and Business East Sussex
- With Innovate UK
- With colleagues
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Ensuring key performance indicators are achieved
- Meeting prescribed targets relating to our quality and contractual standards
- Ensuring clients are advised and supported in line with specific programmes and projects.
- Ensuring an effective network of key influencers is developed and recorded.
- Ensuring delivery of the Group’s business plan objectives and targets
- Colleagues satisfaction with support for specific projects
- Adherence to all Data Protection, Confidentiality and Compliance protocols
- Adherence to ERDF evidence requirements
Education, training and qualifications
- Educated to Level 4 standard or equivalent
- Professional business qualification
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Flexibility – the role will require significant flexibility in being able to work across a range of projects, and with a range of stakeholders
- Good Organisational skills (including time management)
- Ability to influence others
- Determining the businesses needs by questioning and listening to business
- Highly developed networking skills
- Strong numeracy, computer skills, including the use of spreadsheets, word processing and other relevant software packages
- Knowledge of the local economy and wider economic influences
- Coaching and/or mentoring
- Decision making
- Negotiating skills.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations
- Identification and signposting of leads
- An understanding of the projects being delivered and target beneficiaries
- An understanding of the range of business support, training and finance offered
- Demonstrable experience of working in new product development, innovation and design
- Previous experience of working with and developing relationships with HE and FE providers
- Understanding of R&D investment and support partners
- Working with and providing advice to, and understanding the needs of, businesses (of different sizes and sectors) and stakeholders
- Business support/enquiry handling background
- Previous experience of working in the private sector
- Experience in delivering training
- The ability to work as part of a team, within an office environment but also with the enthusiasm and self-motivation to work alone in a peripatetic capacity
- Ability to work with a range of people including the general public, partners and public sector colleagues.
- Ability to assimilate new information readily and to apply it practically
- The ability to work to deadlines, with good time management and efficient work patterns.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Creativity – the ability to generate solutions for new business
- Ability to establish and build relationships with external parties, other business partners and key influencers
Role Specific Requirements
- Supporting businesses through their innovation journey, encouraging investment in R&D and signposting to relevant funding opportunities
- Develop partnerships to maximise service offered to clients and reduce risk of duplication of support
- Identify and actively encourage businesses to participate in case studies to promote Locate service offer and success stories
- Identify supply chain opportunities and support maintenance of a supply chain referral network
- Ensure all documents relating to Locate East Sussex project are completed, signed and retained as per ERDF requirements
- Networking is a core part of the role and you may be expected to attend these events outside of the core working hours
- It is expected that the successful applicant will have access to a suitable vehicle which will need to be insured for business use. Costs incurred for vehicle use for activities in connection with the position will be reimbursed at an agreed rate per mile.
Please email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
Closing date for applications 5pm Thursday 29th March 2018.