JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager (Kent)
REPORTING TO: Head of Lending
SALARY: £28k One year contract with possible extension
CLOSING DATE: 15th September 2017
To apply for this role please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To assist with the delivery and development of all aspects of business advice to new and existing businesses throughout the region, plus delivery of specific advisory programmes for Let’s Do Business Group
- Provision of financial advice, and the facilitation or brokerage of loan or grant applications, or other financial requirements
- To promote and sell the services of the Lets Do Business Group, including advice, training, events, membership and finance
- Provide support to the Senior Management Team in attending events (inc. Chamber and Exhibitions) and undertaking project management roles as required
- Management of a portfolio Loan Clients (including mentoring and debt management)
- To undertake business needs assessments for businesses and other organisations, brokering/delivering further support as required (including support for business and training planning)
- To support continual process and service improvement
- To populate and update CRM
- Additional duties include promotion of Finance loan schemes to key influencers who will assist in promoting and developing the loan fund.
- To undertake such other tasks as considered appropriate by your Line Manager or Chief Executive
Contact and Communication
- With individuals and businesses wishing to start or grow their business
- With external partner, funders and stakeholders
- With colleagues and partners
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Ensuring key performance indicators are achieved
- Meeting prescribed targets relating to our quality and contractual standards
- Ensuring clients are advised and supported in line with specific programmes and projects.
- Ensuring an effective network of key influencers is developed and recorded.
- Ensuring delivery of the Group’s business plan objectives and targets
- Colleagues satisfaction with support for specific projects
- Adherence to all Data Protection and Confidentiality protocols
Education, training and qualifications
- Educated to Level 3 standard or equivalent
- Professional business qualification
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines.
- Communication skills, written and oral.
- Flexibility – the role will require significant flexibility in being able to work across a range of projects, and with a range of stakeholders
- Organisational (including time management)
- Ability to influence others
- Determining the businesses needs by questioning and listening to business
- Credit analysis and risk/debt management
- Financial analysis/credit assessment
- Highly developed networking skills
- Numeracy, computer skills, including the use of spreadsheets, word processing and other relevant software packages
- Knowledge of the local economy and wider economic influences
- Understanding of marketing and sales
- Coaching and/or mentoring
- Decision making
- Negotiating skills.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations
- Identification and signposting of leads
- Working with and providing advice to, and understanding the needs of, businesses (of different sizes and sectors) and stakeholders
- Assessing business finance applications
- Previous bank credit procedures
- Previous experience in a commercial/financial environment
- Business support/enquiry handling background
- Previous experience in a lending environment
- Understanding of the projects being delivered and target beneficiaries
- Understanding of the range of business support, training and finance offered
- Customer Service Representative or business support/enquiry handling background
- Experience/qualifications in delivering training
- The ability to work as part of a team, within an office environment but also self-motivated to work alone in a peripatetic capacity
- Ability to work with a range of people including the general public, partners and public sector colleagues.
- Ability to assimilate new information readily and to apply it practically
- The ability to work to deadlines, with good time management and efficient work patterns.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Creativity – the ability to generate solutions for new business
- Ability to establish and build relationships with external parties, other business partners and key influencers