The Let’s Do Business Group is one of the leading providers of business support across the South East providing business advice, training, finance and networking opportunities. Let’s Do Business Group delivers the Invest Essex service under contract to Essex County Council.
INVEST Essex is the Inward Investment and Business Development Agency for Greater Essex working to attract new business investment and growth into one of the UK’s key economies.
Promoting and supporting the business opportunities of Essex, a county that is already home to over 86,000 international and UK companies we work directly with companies assisting them to benefit from one of the strongest and most strategic business locations in the UK.
Our team brings specialist support and experience providing a single point of contact for inward investors and existing businesses enabling companies to benefit fully from their business investment.
As the result of a new contract with Essex County Council, supported by the European Regional Development Fund we are strengthening and expanding our team in support of the business economy of Essex.
JOB TITLE: Location Services Manager (Digital)
TEAM: INVEST Essex
VERSION: June 2017
REPORTING TO: Location Service Director
To apply for this role please email CV to email@example.com
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To assist with the delivery and development of all aspects of inward investment and business advice to new and existing businesses throughout Essex and those looking to locate within the county focussing on business associated with the digital and creative business sectors
- Relationship Management of a portfolio of Key Account Clients
- To respond to enquiries in a timely manner, identify best support path and ensuring non duplication of business support
- To undertake business needs assessments for businesses, and other organisations, brokering/delivering further support as required
- Raising awareness of and assisting to identify routes to finance and funding and after care support
- Working with developers to encourage site development
- Ensuring documentation and support complies with ERDF evidence requirements
- To promote and sell the services of the Lets Do Business Group, including (re-location) advice, training, events, membership, finance and new services
- To promotes the business support services of all the local authority sponsors/partners
- Provide support to the Senior Management Team in attending events (inc. networking and business or trade Exhibitions, conferences etc. both nationally and internationally) and undertaking project management roles as required
- To support continual process and service improvement
- To populate and update CRM
- Additional duties include promotion of Essex/INVEST Essex to key influencers who will assist in promoting and developing the county including the development of a commercial partners network
- To undertake such other tasks as considered appropriate by your Line Manager or Chief Executive
Contact and Communication
- With individuals and businesses wishing to start, or grow their business in or looking to locate to Essex
- With external partners, funders and stakeholders
- With property developers and agents
- With local authorities including planning and economic development offices
- Other ERDF projects/BEST
- With colleagues
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Ensuring key performance indicators are achieved
- Meeting prescribed targets relating to our quality and contractual standards
- Ensuring clients are advised and supported in line with specific programmes and projects.
- Ensuring an effective network of key influencers is developed and recorded.
- Ensuring delivery of the Group’s business plan objectives and targets
- Colleagues satisfaction with support for specific projects
- Adherence to all Data Protection, Confidentiality and Compliance protocols
- Adherence to ERDF evidence requirements
Employees responsible for
Education, training and qualifications
- Educated to Level 3 standard or equivalent
- Professional business qualification
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Flexibility – the role will require significant flexibility in being able to work across a range of projects, and with a range of stakeholders
- Good Organisational skills (including time management)
- Ability to influence others
- Determining the businesses needs by questioning and listening to business
- Financial analysis/credit assessment
- Highly developed networking skills
- Strong numeracy, computer skills, including the use of spreadsheets, word processing and other relevant software packages
- Knowledge of the local economy and wider economic influences
- An understanding of marketing and sales
- Coaching and/or mentoring
- Decision making
- Negotiating skills.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations
- Identification and signposting of leads
- An understanding of the projects being delivered and target beneficiaries
- An understanding of the range of business support, training and finance offered
- Working with and providing advice to, and understanding the needs of, businesses (of different sizes and sectors) and stakeholders
- Previous experience in a commercial/lending environment
- Business support/enquiry handling background
- Customer Service Representative or business support/enquiry handling background
- Experience/qualifications in delivering training
- Previous inward investment/commercial property experience
- Understanding of property/development issues
- Assessing business finance applications
- The ability to work as part of a team, within an office environment but also the enthusiasm and self-motivation to work alone in a peripatetic capacity
- Ability to work with a range of people including the general public, property developers, partners and public sector colleagues.
- Ability to assimilate new information readily and to apply it practically
- The ability to work to deadlines, with good time management and efficient work patterns.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Creativity – the ability to generate solutions for new business
- Ability to establish and build relationships with external parties, other business partners and key influencers
Role Specific Requirements
- Previous experience of working in the digital/ creative industries sector is essential
- Develop partnerships to maximise service offered to clients and reduce risk of duplication of support
- Supporting developers to develop new commercial space
- Identify and actively encourage businesses to participate in case studies to promote Locate service offer and success stories
- Leading Peer Networking Groups
- Identify supply chain opportunities and support maintenance of a supply chain referral network
- Ensure all documents relating to INVEST Essex project are completed, signed and retained as per ERDF requirements
- Networking is a core part of the role and you may be expected to attend these events outside of the core working hours
- It is expected that the successful applicant will have access to a suitable vehicle which will need to be insured for business use. Costs incurred for vehicle use for activities in connection with the position will be reimbursed at an agreed rate per mile.
To apply for this role please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org