Let’s Do Business Group are extending their successful Start-Up Loan team. We have been a deliverer of the Start-Up Loan initiative since 2012, helping around 50 new businesses a month to start up in East Sussex and beyond. We have a vacancy for a Business Manager to support the increase in applications being received for this scheme.
Although this is a full-time role, there is some flexibility and we will consider applicants interested in part-time or job share
Salary c. £27k.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Closing date Thursday 24th September 2020.
JOB TITLE: Business Manager
TEAM: LDB Finance
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To assist with the delivery of specific finance and advisory programmes for Let’s Do Business Group including development of all aspects of business advice to new and existing businesses throughout the region.
- Assessment of loan or grant applications
- Provision of business advice and guidance
- To undertake business needs assessments for businesses and other organisations
- Brokering/delivering further support as required
- Relationship Management of a portfolio Loan Clients (including mentoring and debt management)
- To promote and sell the services of the Lets Do Business Group to clients, including advice, training, events, membership, finance and new services
- Promotion of Finance loan schemes to key influencers who will assist in promoting and developing the loan funds we deliver.
- Provide support to the Senior Management Team in attending events (inc. Chamber, networking and Exhibitions) and undertaking project management roles as required
- To support continual process and service improvement
- To populate and update all relevant CRMs and Portals used
- To undertake such other tasks as considered appropriate by your Line Manager or Chief Executive
CONTACT AND COMMUNICATION
- With individuals and businesses wishing to start or grow their business
- With external partner, funders and stakeholders
- With colleagues
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Ensuring key performance indicators are achieved
- Meeting prescribed targets relating to our quality and contractual standards
- Ensuring clients are advised and supported in line with specific programmes and projects.
- Ensuring an effective network of key influencers is developed and recorded.
- Ensuring delivery of the Group’s business plan objectives and targets
- Colleagues satisfaction with support for specific projects
- Adherence to all Data Protection, Confidentiality and Compliance protocols
Financial Accountability: None
Employees responsible for: None
Education, training and qualifications
- Educated to Level 3 standard or equivalent
- Professional business qualification
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Flexibility – the role will require significant flexibility in being able to work across a range of projects, and with a range of stakeholders
- Good organisational skills (including time management)
- Ability to influence others
- Determining the businesses needs by questioning and listening to business
- Strong credit analysis and risk/debt management
- Strong financial analysis/credit assessment
- Strong numeracy, computer skills, including the use of spreadsheets, word processing and other relevant software packages
- Knowledge of the local economy and wider economic influences
- An understanding of marketing and sales
- Coaching and/or mentoring
- Decision making
- Negotiating skills.
- Identification and signposting of leads
- An understanding of the types of projects being delivered and target beneficiaries
- An understanding of the range of business support, training and finance offered
- Highly developed networking skills
- Preparation and delivery of presentations
- Working with and providing advice to, and understanding the needs of, businesses (of different sizes and sectors) and stakeholders
- Assessing business finance applications
- Previous experience in a commercial/lending environment
- Business support/enquiry handling background
- Customer Service Representative or business support/enquiry handling background
- The ability to work as part of a team, within an office environment but also self-motivated to work alone in a peripatetic capacity
- Ability to work with a range of people including the general public, partners and public sector colleagues.
- Ability to assimilate new information readily and to apply it practically
- The ability to work to deadlines, with good time management and efficient work patterns.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Creativity – the ability to generate solutions for new business
- Ability to establish and build relationships with external parties, other business partners and key influencers
Role Specific Requirements
- Networking is part of the role and you may be expected to attend these events outside of the core working hours
To apply for this position please email email@example.com for an application form.
Closing date 24th September 2020.
We are also looking for an additional administrator. The role will be split between the Start-Up Loan team and CHART project in Hastings. View Job Description.