The Let’s Do Business Group is one of the leading providers of business support across the South East providing business advice, funding, exhibitions, training and networking opportunities.
The Locate East Sussex team help companies based in East Sussex to grow and to encourage companies outside the county to move here. They support start-ups and growing business in a variety of industries including creative and digital, food & drink and those in manufacturing & engineering, with a focus on supporting businesses to adapt and innovate. Their aim is to make new, established and growing businesses aware of the benefits of being based in East Sussex and help grow the local economy, help create jobs and show people what a great place it is to live and work.
If you’d like to work as part of a dedicated team helping to promote East Sussex as the perfect place for companies to grow, please take a look at the job description below and if you think it might be you, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you’re suited to the role and what you think you’d bring to the team.
Please include your current salary/day rate in your covering letter.
Alternatively, your CV and a covering letter can be posted to: Kaye Crittell, Let’s Do Business Group, 8th Floor, Ocean House, 87-89 London Road, St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex. TN37 6LW
Job Title: Location Research Manager
Team: Locate East Sussex
Reporting to: Location Service Director
Closing date: Friday 22nd March 2019
The role is for 2-3 days a week and we would consider an employed role or self-employed consultant.
Main Purpose of the Role
To advise on commercial premises and sites to businesses, colleagues and stakeholders and provide market research on business prospects
- Advise business clients looking for commercial premises to relocate to or start-up.
- Advise businesses on location, type and tenure of commercial premises
- Keep abreast of what is on the commercial property market to leasehold and freehold through contact with agents and property websites.
- Track and report on commercial property price & availability for the Boroughs and Districts
- Advise Boroughs and Districts of commercial property needs in the county based on searches by businesses and by building relationships with commercial agents.
- Advise developers and landowners of key contacts in the councils and sources of funding in relation to commercial property development.
- Support the promotion of East Sussex as a business location through contacts with agents in the wider south-east region and London.
- Promote and sell the services of the Lets Do Business Group, including (relocation) advice, training, events, etc
- To support continual process and service improvement
- To undertake such other tasks as considered appropriate by your Line Manager or Chief Executive
Contact and Communication
- With businesses and individuals looking to set-up or move within East Sussex.
- With commercial agents dealing with property in East Sussex
- With property developers and commercial property owners
- With external partners, funder and stakeholders
- Other LDBG colleagues
Key Performance measures
- Meeting prescribed targets
- Ensuring clients receive a professional advise service in line with programmes
- Adherence to ERDF evidence requirements and compliance
- Data protection
- Educated to level 3/4 or equivalent or evidence of relevant work experience,
- Surveying experience/ qualification
Skills / knowledge / abilities
- Ability to work independently, managing work load and prioritising tasks
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- A good knowledge of the commercial property market in the south east, preferably East Sussex
- Experience of dealing with commercial property
- Offering advice to, and understanding of the needs of businesses
- Experience of working in the commercial property sector