The Let’s Do Business (South East) Group Limited is a not for private profit company helping businesses to start-up and grow throughout the South East of England.
With its origins in Hastings over 20 years ago the Group has developed from an Enterprise Agency and town Chamber of Commerce to become a leading provider of business advice, training, access to finance and business events in the South East. As well as its work directly with businesses the Group contracts with a range of public and private sector partners to deliver projects and contracts – worth over £10m over the last 10 years.
JOB TITLE – Marketing Executive
LOCATION – Ocean House, St. Leonards-on-Sea
REPORTS TO – Chief Executive
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
• To promote all services available through the group externally, in line with the agreed marketing strategy, within the prescribed budget
• To utilise online, offline and social media to promote the group to a range of external target markets and key stakeholders.
• Creating and disseminating off line marketing content
• Creating and updating online content across all Group websites and social media (content the responsibility of the relevant Department unless agreed otherwise)
• Collating case studies/ good news stories and ensuring they are disseminated internally and within the media
• Developing and publishing a regular group newsletter
• Promoting group events (inc chamber, exhibitions and training)
• To promote product / service awareness internally within the Group
• Contribute towards the ongoing development of the Group Marketing Strategy and ensure its delivery
• To assess the success of marketing campaigns, analysing data and producing reports
• Networking with clients and other stakeholders
• To support the delivery of projects following quality controlled processes that will include liaising with colleagues, clients and partners
• To monitor and evaluate services and provide supporting evidence
• To act as administrative support for activities of the Let’s Do Business Group
• To undertake such other tasks as considered appropriate by the Chief Executive or Deputy Chief Executive
Contact and Communication
• With businesses and individuals who may require services or already be clients of the group
• With external partners and stakeholders, particularly Local Authorities
• Liaising with partners to various projects across all aspects of the group
• With colleagues internally
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• Increased client flows into projects, supporting income growth
• Increased interaction with Group social media platforms
• Meeting prescribed targets relating to our quality and contractual standards
• Colleagues satisfaction with support for specific projects
• Adherence to all Data Protection protocols
Employees responsible for
Education, training and qualifications
Essential – Educated to Level 3 standard or equivalent
Desirable – Recognised marketing qualification
Skills, knowledge and abilities
• Practical understanding of the principals of marketing
• Knowledge of various social media outlets and platforms
• Strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to work with a diverse range of clients, suppliers and colleagues both face-to-face and by telephone.
• Ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines.
• Flexibility – the role will require significant flexibility in being able to work across a range of projects, and with a range of stakeholders.
• Organisational (including time management).
• Numeracy, computer skills, including the use of spreadsheets, word processing and other relevant software packages
• Determining the businesses needs by questioning and listening to business requirements
• Project Management
• Preparation and delivery of presentations
• Marketing to SME’s
• Experienced user of Microsoft software, specifically Excel spreadsheets, Word, PowerPoint, CRMs and Content Management Systems
• Understanding of the projects being delivered and target beneficiaries
• Customer Service
• Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator would be beneficial
• Working with the media is desirable
• Understanding of the range of business support, training and finance offered
• Business support/enquiry handling background
• The ability to work as part of a team, within an office environment, but also self-motivated to work alone
• Ability to work with a range of people including the general public, partners and public sector colleagues.
• The ability to work to deadlines, with good time management and efficient work patterns.
• Ability to assimilate new information readily and to apply it practically
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to establish and build relationships with external parties, other business partners and key influencers
Role Specific Requirements
• To write and devise suitable content for both online and offline marketing purposes
• Creative – ability to spot marketing opportunities, develop appropriate content/responses
For more information and an application pack please contact email@example.com or 01424 205500
Closing date 21st October 2016.